Sunday, 22 November 2009 13:43
Achieving your Goals
Are you achieving your goals? What is your goal?
In order to know the answer, you need to know what your goals are. The following are some steps that can help one to achieve their goal:
· Must have a vision of having achieved the goal. What will that look like? Picture it in your mind and don’t allow yourself to be distracted away from that vision. We need to have faith here on earth in order to have a vision of receiving the reward.
· Set a date or time frame in which the goal is to be reached. Don’t let the opportunities pass by, challenge your self to achieve the goal with in the allotted time frame.
· Have a detailed plan of how to achieve your goal. Stick to this plan and don’t allow your self to waver. Seek God to help you with determination to follow the plan.
· Know and understand the obstacles that will come against you when trying to achieve your goal.
· Find those around you that can be of assistance to you in achieving your goal. Locate your resources and use them to their potential. Even those that may not be an obvious resource can offer great help.
· Make sure you have a strong determination to complete the task. Are you doing what you need to do in order to achieve your goal?
· Recognize the benefits that you have, who you are and that you are able to achieve the goal.
These steps can be used to meet spiritual as well at temporal goals, if you have a goal in mind, follow God’s direction as you work toward achieving that goal. Don’t allow discouragement or difficulty keep you from achieving the goal.
I Corinthians 9:24-27
Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.