Wednesday, 02 February 2011 14:35
Are you a sinner
or a Christian?
- A Christian has God to trust in and rely upon; a sinner has only himself and other people.
- A Christian gains help and strength by reading the Bible; a sinner can only gain help by reading books and seeking counsel from the surrounding world.
- A Christian loves Jesus and treasures his relationship with his Savior above anything else in this world; a sinner loves this world and the things it can offer him.
- A Christian loves others even when it is hard to love them; a sinner will hate those who treat him unkindly.
- A Christian does not sin; a sinner cannot help but sin.
- A Christian dies and ascends to his eternal reward in heaven; a sinner must descend to eternal suffering in hell.
Life can be like a complex web. It is not always easy and at times does not make sense to us. Both sinners and Christians alike must suffer some of the same difficulties. Sometimes we may feel depressed, things may go wrong, friends or family may die, and/or people may treat us badly. All these things happen to both sinners and Christians. However, when Christian prays to God for help, strength, comfort, and peace, he can have confidence that he will receive all of this and more from his loving Savior. A sinner can only hope for help from those around him and so many times people fail him. God never fails his children, who put their trust in him. He is alway there to help them through every difficulty in life.
This life and the next is so much better when one is a true Christian.
Won't you choose the better way?
"...choose you this day whom ye will serve;...but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15
"Evil pursueth sinners: but to the righteous good shall be repaid." Proverbs 13:21
"...that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ." Philippians 1:6